About Rags Consignments
Rags Consignments was founded in 1995 in Boulder, Colorado by Margaret Miner who was inspired by a consignment book she had been reading and decided to give it a shot. It all started in her basement and has grown from there into what it is today: three locations and an online store.
Specializing in women’s (and now men’s!) boutique and designer brand consignment, Rags consigns hundreds of items daily making your experience unique every time you visit. Come shop and consign with us to see what Rags has to offer!
Unsold Item Donations
Rags donates thousands of “consigned but did not sell” women’s clothing, handbags, footwear and jewelry each month… to several organizations in the area:
- HELP International — distributes Rags clothing all over the world
- Boulder’s YWCA — distributes to local women in need (for many reasons!) and volunteers of the organization. YWCA Boulder County is a non-profit organization that provides human services, advocacy, education, and leadership development programs. Their mission is to protect children, empower women and girls, and eliminate racism.
- Conscious Alliance — distributes clothing to Pine Ridge Reservation
- Denver’s Dress for Success — distributes to women in the metro area. The mission of Dress for Success is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
- EFAA (Emergency Family Assistance) — offers “Rags dollars” to women their organization selects, who can choose their own clothing items from our Warehouse. EFAA helps those in our community whose immediate need for food, shelter and other basic necessities cannot be adequately met by other means, and supports their efforts toward financial stability or self-sufficiency.
- There with Care — also part of our “Rags dollars” group. The TWC mission is to provide a wide range of thoughtful and fundamental services to children and families during the critical phase of a medical crisis. They serve families referred by medical agencies, by building a network of services and people who ease the burden of life’s day-to-day obligations with compassion and care.
Donation Requests for Charitable Events
Thank you so much for thinking of Rags for your charitable event. We give preference to local initiatives including women’s, health, and educational organizations.
Honestly, we also look for a little “back scratch”, and give special priority to those who have reciprocal marketing in place. Depending on the organization, this may take the form of an event ticket, marketing material collateral, and opportunity to merchandise a product, or a public service announcement (PSA).
In order to review your request, we ask that you fill out the form below – six weeks in advance of the date of your event – and email it to us at Margaret@ragsconsignments.com. We try to reply to everyone, but if we don’t get back to you, it means that we have given our time and resources to another worthy cause.
Thanks again and good luck with your event!
Margaret Miner, Owner